The standard models of pumping stations are intended for pumping clean water at a temperature of 25°C and their maximum operating pressure must not exceed 1.0 MPa (max. operating pressure is the sum of the head pressures of the pump with the rate of delivery and water pressure at 0 in the suction pipeline – this value cannot be greater than 1.0 MPa). The pumping stations are supplied from an open balance tank (or from several tanks).
They are equipped with two to six pumps (horizontal pumps are used). The pumps are mounted on concrete, properly reinforced foundations. Each pump is fitted with non-return valves and cut-off fittings at the inlet and outlet. The pumps are connected to the suction and discharge manifolds, which are fitted with necessary sensors, pressure gauges and pressure vessels. The control system is mounted within a cabinet or several cabinets mounted on pedestals. The pumping stations are equipped with dry run protection, selected depending on the water supply method and requirements of the Client.
Basic models include the following types of pumping stations:
ZH NK – with NK pumps from Grundfos
ZH ETM – with ETANORM pumps from KSB
ZH OMG – with OMEGA pumps from KSB
There are three basic types of control system:
“SPE”: the so-called multiple inverter system where every pump is equipped with its own inverter. Pressure downstream of the unit is adjusted smoothly – steplessly.
“SP”: this control system uses frequency converter to adjust the rotational speed of one pump of the pressure boosting unit. In this version, the converter is automatically switched to other pumps of the system in the right order (the so-called “rotating” converter). Pressure downstream of the unit is adjusted smoothly – steplessly.
“K”: a cascade (threshold/time varying) control system where pumps maintain pressure within set pressure thresholds (P min – P max).
Custom models of water pumping stations
In addition to the standard models, Firma Bartosz manufactures special models of pumping systems. Exemplary custom solutions:
- models for the following pressure ratings: PN 16, PN 25, PN 40,
- models for hot water,
- models for contaminated water,
- models for other media, such as: demineralised water, glycol, saline water, solutions of detergents and cleaning agents, as well as solutions of certain aggressive liquids,
- multi-section units: with fire pump(s); mud pump(s); jockey pump(s); booster pump(s),
- units with additional equipment, such as: bypass for pump testing; backup bypass, priming pumps for the units
- units operation monitoring: possibility of using serial communication through MPI connection, enabling wired communication (Profibus, Modbus, Ethernet); communication using radio modems, modems and telephone network, including GSM; visualization panels based on software such as, among others: Wonderware InTouch, Inntellution IFIX, Siemens WinCC, Emation Axeda Supervisor, Rockwell Software RSView 32, etc.
- use of drivers: Siemens, GE Fanuc, Schneider, SAIA, Allen-Bradley, Unitronics and other,
use of frequency converters: Danfoss, ABB, Siemens, Schneider, Lenze and other.