Pressure boosting units available in our range of products are used to control pressure and pump clear water at a temperature of 25°C, provided that the maximum working pressure should not exceed 1.0 MPa (max. operating pressure is the sum of the head pressures of the pump with the rate of delivery and water pressure at 0). These systems can be supplied from an open balance tank and used to raise the insufficient level of pressure. Pressure boosting units can be mounted in the water supply networks of all sorts of buildings. We offer a selection of fittings that will be best suited for the requirements of specific systems. Our pressure boosting units are characterised by their quiet operation and high efficiency, which undoubtedly puts them at the forefront of this type of devices. Due to their high quality of workmanship, these devices are readily selected by the Investors.
Each unit consists of the following devices:
- Suction manifold
- Discharge manifold
- Threaded ball valves (up to fi 50) or double flanged butterfly valves (from dn 65)
- Threaded (up to fi 50) or flanged (from dn 65) non-return valves
- Pressure transducer at the inlet
- Dry run protection sensor at the outlet (in case water is supplied from the network) or level sensor (if supplied from the storage tank)
- Pressure gauges at the inlet and outlet of the pump
- Expansion tanks at the inlet
- Base of the unit
- Vibration isolation used for levelling of the system
- Power supply and control cabinet
- Power cables for pumps and signal cables for sensors
Basic models include the following types of units with vertical multi-stage pumps:
ZH CR – with CR pumps from Grundfos
ZH CR – with MOVITEC pumps from KSB
ZH WR – with WR pumps from LFP Leszno
ZH SV – with SV pumps from Lowara
ZH MVI – with MVI pumps from Wilo
ZH EVM – with EVM pumps from Ebara
ZH OPA – with OPA pumps from Hydro-Vacuum
Similarly, in the case of horizontal mono-block pumps:
ZH PJM – with PJM pumps from LFP Leszno
ZH NB – with NB pumps from Grundfos
ZH SHS – with SHS pumps from Lowara
ZH 3M – with 3M pumps from Ebara
ZH EBC – with Etabloc pumps from KSB
ZH ETC – with Etachrom pumps from KSB
There are three basic types of control system:
“SPE”: the so-called multiple inverter system where every pump is equipped with its own inverter. Pressure downstream of the unit is adjusted smoothly – steplessly.
“SP”: this control system uses frequency converter to adjust the rotational speed of one pump of the pressure boosting unit. In this version, the converter is automatically switched to other pumps of the system in the right order (the so-called “rotating” converter). Pressure downstream of the unit is adjusted smoothly – steplessly.
“K”: a cascade (threshold/time varying) control system where pumps maintain pressure within set pressure thresholds (P min – P max).
Custom models of pressure boosting units
In addition to the standard models, Firma Bartosz manufactures special models of pressure boosting units and pumping systems. Exemplary custom solutions:
- models for the following pressure ratings: PN 16, PN 25, PN 40
- models for hot water
- models for contaminated water
- models for other media, such as: demineralised water, glycol, saline water, solutions of detergents and cleaning agents, as well as solutions of certain aggressive liquids
- multi-section units: with fire pump(s); mud pump(s); jockey pump(s); booster pump(s)
- units with additional equipment, such as: bypass for pump testing; backup bypass, priming pumps for the units
- units operation monitoring: possibility of using serial communication through MPI connection, enabling wired communication (Profibus, Modbus, Ethernet); communication using radio modems, modems and telephone network, including GSM; visualization panels based on software such as, among others: Wonderware InTouch, Inntellution IFIX, Siemens WinCC, Emation Axeda Supervisor, Rockwell Software RSView 32, etc.
- use of drivers: Siemens, GE Fanuc, Schneider, SAIA, Allen-Bradley, Unitronics and other
use of frequency converters: Danfoss, ABB, Siemens, Schneider, Lenze and other.